Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 2: C25K

Well today was a pretty good day, considering it was Monday. Nothing exciting happened, just went to work. Did have sushi with some friends and the boyfriend for dinner.

I did get in a run before dinner. I got home from work and the boyfriend was playing his video games; therefore, I made a point to go for a quick run. Since I knew we had dinner plans, I knew that I was definitely not going to want to run afterwards.

At the front of my neighborhood there is a "random" side walk between some large bushes and a "lake." Yesterday I walked on this path when I took Cubbie with me, and decided I wanted to take it again, so I wasn't running on the same sidewalk as when I come back, weird I know. Well that idea back fired because I have to go through some grass/leaves to get out of the neighborhood this path leads to. As I've said I am not a runner, let alone a cross country runner. I didn't realize it was going to be so difficult. The time I spend on that terrain is about a minute, while running, and it absolutely ruined me, AT THE BEGINNING. I was in fact trying to complete Day 1 of the C25K app, again - since I didn't yesterday, and of course I was instructed to run as soon as I got to the grass. I guess from now on I'll go the extra few feet and run on the sidewalk along the road, rather than the one behind the bushes.

I didn't complete Day 1 again today, but I did make it farther this time. Let me note that the program wants me to run for 30 minutes, but I could only run on the route I have set up because I had to get back home for dinner. I will say I am glad that it doesn't take me the entire 30 minutes to run a mile, I really thought I was in that bad of shape.

In addition to all of the other apps I have, I input some information on WebMD and got some advise about what to do to lose some weight. I think the only difference WebMD has to the other apps is it tells you what a healthy goal weight range is, for example, mine is 108-145 lbs, and I was able to input that I want to lose 2 pounds a week and my goal weight is 135. It doesn't give you a time frame necessarily unless you figured I want to lose 38 pounds and 2 pounds per week = 19 weeks or about 5 months. It does give you a goal for the amount of calories you need each day, figured out by the about of calories you intake and use each day.

So again, for whatever you have set a goal for, keeping a log and researching different ways to get there is my advise to you. I'm only using bits and pieces from each app/website I've found, but I'm still using most of them. Good night and Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment